Nelson Havi says Nick Mwendwa was kidnapped, not arrested

Football Kenya Federation (FKF) President Nick Mwendwa was kidnapped and not arrested, the Law Society of Kenya boss Nelson Havi now claims.

According to Havi, the manner in which the troubled FKF President was picked could not be anything near an arrest as it was widely reported by the media.

In a post on his Facebook official account, Havi said that sleuths attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations were the ones who had kidnapped the embattled FKF boss.

Havi said that it was wrong that the sleuths took time with the FKF President at the DCI Headquarters located along Kiambu Road, but never arraigned him in court.

“FKF President Nick Mwendwa is not under arrest. He has been kidnapped and is being detained without charge at the DCI Headquarters. The police cannot seize someone who the Court has freed for want of a charge. This egregious conduct by George Kinoti should be condemned,” Havi said.

The reason for Nick Mwendwa’s arrest by the DCI was not in any way, made public. He is expected to be arraigned in court on Monday, November 29.

A sleuth privy to the matter and who spoke to this reporter in confidence said that he had been nabbed in relation to a case that had been kicked out of court early this week.

He is accused of misusing taxpayers’ money and also abuse of office at FKF.

On Thursday, the State withdrew the case against Mwendwa after the court ordered that a cash bail of Sh4 million he had paid be refunded to him immediately.

This is after the prosecution team which was given seven days to prefer charges against him opted to ask the court to do away with the file.

The prosecution team said that it needed to go on with the investigations at its own pace and not in the seven days that the court had issued.

Senior Resident Magistrate Wandia Nyamu then allowed the State to do away with the file and Mwendwa was set free.

Immediately after the investigations were launched, Sports Cabinet Secretary (CS) Amina Mohammed came up with a caretaker committee to run matters football in the country.

The committee will be in office for the next six months before the allegations tabled against Mwendwa are settled.

Spread the love

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top button
error: Content is protected !!