Here’s how you can backup emails, documents from your Gmail Account
Here’s how you can backup emails, documents from your Gmail Account – Many of us go our entire lives without changing our email credentials, but people who change jobs frequently or use different software on a daily basis and especially students who might need a backup of all of their emails and projects after graduation for future references.
In such circumstances, backing up your emails, photos and documents is a necessary thing to do and also a smart decision. Although many applications provide automatic backup from time to time, it is important to know how to manually back up available material in their mail.
If you use Gmail, which is powered by Google, a few simple steps can help you download all of your emails, but before you do, be sure to read the organization’s policy.
Steps to back up your emails
- Log in to your Gmail account and click on “Data and Personalization” in the left panel
- Keep scrolling until you find the section – “Download or delete your data” and click on it
- You will reach the ‘Takeout’ area, make sure you have allowed it full access. Once done, you will see a list of all the apps you are using and various options for downloading your data. Among these applications, find Gmail.
- Check the box next to “Gmail” and “All email data included” and click on the next step
- Choose your preferred delivery method and frequency of export and click export.
Google will automatically collect all of your data from your Gmail and other apps connected to it and email it to you when everything is ready. You can click on the file to download everything.