Documents CUE Wants as Proof Sakaja Attended Team University
The Commission for University Education (CUE) is seeking at least 10 documents from besieged Nairobi Senator Johnson Sakaja as confirmation that he attended Team University.
CUE revoked recognition of Sakaja’s university degree, a move that left his Nairobi governorship bid hanging by a thread.
In a press briefing on Friday, CUE Chairperson Prof Chacha Nyaigotti said the commission had opened a probe into the authenticity of Sakaja’s degree following public concerns.
“…On diverse dates, the commission received complaints from members of the public and civil society casting doubt on the authenticity of the degree certificate submitted to CUE by Hon. Sakaja. The gravity of the matter raised made the commission revoke its decision to recognize the degree qualification,” said Prof. Nyaigotti.
The Commission says investigations into the matter are ongoing and that it has written to Sakaja to provide a set of documents to prove that he graduated from Team University.
The required documents include:
- His application for the course
- Letter of admission from the University
- Evidence of registration including Student ID
- Credit Accumulation and Transfer System (ATS)
- Course description for the Bachelor of Science in Management (External)
- Course Units taken
- Examinations schedules
- Graduation Booklet that has his name on it
- Receipts for: Application fee, tuition fees, graduation and convocation, names of lecturers that taught him some of the courses, any communication with the university staff (academic and administrative) regarding his course in the university, graduation Photo while wearing the gown, and evidence of the requisite credit hours covered
The Commission also invited Sakaja to attend a meeting on Monday, June 20 to provide further information that can aid in the investigations.
Prof Chacha further stated the Commission has written to Team University seeking further information regarding the matter.